Saturday, November 1, 2008

Photo to Comic Effect

Happy November! I hope everyone had a fun Halloween. Matt and I saved our energy for playing Rock Band tonight at a friend's house. I'm going to try making mulled apple cider. I bought mulling spices from Penzey's (warning: the store will convince you of the need for spices you've never even heard of). They recommend heating a pot of 1/2 apple cider and 1/2 cranberry juice with 1-2 tablespoons of mulling spices. You can also add a splash of spiced rum or brandy. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Let's jump subjects and talk about Photoshop again. I have the 7.0 version and I love it (thanks Dad!). I recently found a tutorial on how to turn a photo into a comic book panel. While I was working on it, I got to thinking how cool it would be to make a comic book with photos of how Matt and I met, and what our life together has been like. It would be a neat way for guests to get to know us better.

Then I mentally slapped myself (yes, I can do that). I think DIY has turned into DIYUYD (Do It Yourself Until You're Dead) for me. If I do all these projects I have sitting in my head, Matt and I will wind up having to get married sometime in 2088.

But that doesn't mean someone else can't do it. Here is the picture I used for the tutorial before the modification:



You can't tell, but Matt has black and red hair in this picture. These were his rock and roll glory days before becoming a responsible adult (no sniggering). Here is the end result:



Nifty, huh? Most printing companies should be able to take your modified photos and print them in a comic book format. If anyone winds up doing this, please let me know so I can look at it and feel insanely jealous.

Here is a link to another comic book effect tutorial for a slightly different look.

No comments:

20sb


Site Meter
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weddings Blog Directory